- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours*
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper (any color), diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, de-veined, and minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 6 red potatoes, diced
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
Saute onion and bell pepper in a little water until soft. Add remaining ingredients, except cashews and water, bring to a boil, and then simmer until potatoes are soft.
Meanwhile, combine cashews and water in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
Add mixture to soup and heat through until thickened.
* If you are allergic to nuts or prefer not to use them in this recipe, you can substitute 1 cup non-dairy milk and your thickening agent of choice or 1 cup non-dairy creamer.