- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 block extra firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa
- 2 cups raw spinach leaves
Saute onions, peppers, and mushrooms in a cast iron frying pan until soft.
Add tofu, nutritional yeast, vinegar, turmeric, sea salt, mustard powder, and black pepper.
Cook until excess liquid has evaporated.
Stir in salsa and spinach and heat through just until spinach starts to wilt.
- 1 package buckwheat soba noodles
- 1 package tofu, drained, pressed, and cubed (optional)
- 1 bag coleslaw or 1 small head cabbage, shredded
- 1 bag broccoli slaw
- 1 bag bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp ginger root, minced
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp honey or brown rice syrup
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp salt (or less if your peanut butter has salt in it)
Cook noodles, according to package directions, with the tofu in the same pot.
Meanwhile, combine coleslaw or cabbage, broccoli slaw, and bean sprouts in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients to make the sauce.
When the noodles (and tofu) are done, drain and add to vegetable mixture. Add the sauce and toss until thoroughly mixed.